Appendices & Resources
- Housing First in Canada: Supporting communities to end homelessness.
Gaetz, S., Scott, F., Gulliver, T. | The Homeless Hub | 2013
- HPS: Housing First Myth vs. Reality
- The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP)
- Supported housing as a promising housing first approach for people with sever and persisting mental illness
Aubry, T., Ecker, J., & Jette, J. (in press) | In M. Guirguis, R. McNeil, & S. Hwang (Eds.). Homelessness and health
- Identifying the Patterns of Emergency Shelter Stays of Single Individuals in Canadian Cities of Different Sizes. Housing Studies, (ahead-of-print), 1-18.
Aubry, T., Farrell, S., Hwang, S. W., & Calhoun, M. | 2013
- Housing First Europe: Final report. Bremen/Brussels: European Union Programme for Employment and Social Solidarity.
Busch-Geertsema, V. | 2013
- The state of homelessness in Canada
Gaetz, S., Donalson, J., Richter, T., & Gulliver T. | www.homelesshub.ca, Toronto: Canadian Homelessness Research Network Press | 2013
- Return to community: Building support systems for people with psychiatric disabilities
Carling, P. J. | Guilford Press | 1995
- Recovery and homeless services: New directions for the field.
Gillis, L., Dickerson, G., & Hanson, J. | The Open Health Services and Policy Journal, 3, 71-79 | 2010
- Homelessness causes and effects – Volume 3: The costs of homelessness in British Columbia.
Government of British Columbia | 2001
- Implementations of Housing First in Europe: Successes and challenges in maintaining model fidelity
Greenwood, R.M., Stefancic, A., Tsemberis, S., & Busch-Geertsema, V. | American Journal of Psychiatric Rehabilitation, 16, 290-312 | 2013
- Ending homelessness among people with mental illness: The At Home/Chez Soi randomized trial of a Housing First intervention in Toronto
Hwang, S., Stergiopoulos, V., O’Campo, P., & Gozdzik, A. | BMC Public Health, 12, 787 -803 | 2012
- Applying cluster analysis to test a typology of homelessness by pattern of shelter utilization: Results from the analysis of administrative data
Kuhn, R., & Culhane, D. P. | American Journal of Community Psychology, 26(2), 207-232 | 1998
- At Home/Chez Soi Interim Report. Calgary: Mental Health Commission of Canada
Goering, P., Velhuizen, S., Watson, A., Adair, C., Kopp, B., Latimer, E., & Ly, A. | 2012
- Turning the key: assessing housing and related supports for persons with mental health problems and illness. Ottawa, Ontario: MHCC.
Mental Health Commission of Canada | 2012
- Housing for people with serious mental illness: Approaches, evidence, and transformative change
Nelson, G. | Journal of Sociology and Social Welfare, 37, 123-146 | 2010
- Housing for people with lived experience of mental health issues: Housing First as a strategy to improve quality of life
Nelson, G., Goering, P., & Tsemberis, S. | C. J. Walker, K. Johnson, & E. Cunningham (Eds.), Community psychology and the Socio-economics of Mental Distress | 2012
- There’s no place like (a) home: Ontological security among persons with serious mental illness in the United States
Padgett, D.K. | Social Science and Medicine, 64, 1925-1936 | 2007
- The paradigm shift in residential services: From the linear continuum to supported housing approaches
Ridgway, P., & Zipple, A. M. | Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal,13(4), 11-31 | 1990
- From streets to homes: The Pathways to Housing consumer preference supported housing model
Tsemberis S, Asmussen S. | Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 17(1-2), 113-131 | 1999
- Housing first, consumer choice, and harm reduction for homeless individuals with a dual diagnosis
Tsemberis, S., Gulcur, L., & Nakae, M. | American Journal of Public Health, 94(4): 651-656 | 2004
- National At Home/Chez Soi Final Report
Mental Health Commission of Canada | 2014
For additional resources on Housing First, click here to visit the Homeless Hub.